ICT Division, Bangladesh has taken initiatives to promote Entrepreneurship and startup culture among the university students to face the technological challenges of an unexpected future through unlocking their potential supporting them in all means so that they can innovate their own solutions and provide jobs to others instead of looking for one. On 15th March 2018. ‘Innovation Design and Entrepreneurship Academy(iDEA)’ project bearing the flag of Startup Bangladesh Initiative signed an MoU with ‘Center for Research and Information(CRI)’, the secretariat of country’s largest youth network ‘Young Bangla’ to take the initiative for the first time titled as ‘Student to Startup – Season 1’. This is a national competition specially designed and open for all University Students (Undergraduate/post-graduate) of Bangladesh to bring their ideas of real-life solutions into reality. 40 universities from 8 divisions are chosen as the venues. As a part of the project, Bangladesh Army University Of Engineering & Technology is selected as one of the venues.
The startup program (BAUET) will be held on the 24th & 25th March 2019. There will be a workshop on 24th March and idea pitching session on 25th March. (Venue details will be added soon).
• The participant has to be a student of the undergraduate/ postgraduate program. (PhD students are not allowed)
• Participant must participate as a team of minimum 1 to a maximum of 3 members.
• Students outside of BAUET can also participate through the online registration form or from the registration booth of the Khulna University (Booth details will be added soon).
Rules & Regulations:
• Participants must bring their own laptops, flash drives, wires and other electronic devices according to their need.
• Participants must bring their demo or presentation (if any) in the flash drive on the day of the Campus pitch.
• Any unpleasant behavior/complain on any participants will be condemned and will get them disqualified.
• Each team will get 3 minutes maximum to pitch their idea (2 minutes for pitching and 1 minute for evaluation).
• Slides are not mandatory.
• Formal attire is not mandatory but students should be in decent getup. In iDEA project IDEAS of the participants are given more priority than fancy slides.
• Participants need to fill-up the following online registration form: http://startupbangladesh.gov.bd/student-2-startup/
• All the details provided through the registration form must be legit. Otherwise, the registration will be terminated.
• Contact details provided in the registration form should be active otherwise the participant will be considered as eliminated.
• Preliminary evaluation to select participants for the campus program will be processed through details provided in the online registration form.
• If the same team provides multiple submissions, the last submission will be taken.
• One person cannot participate in multiple teams.
• One Team cannot submit multiple ideas. Though they can change (Pivot) their idea during the program according to the organizers’ concern.
For more details please visit: http://startupbangladesh.gov.bd/terms-and-conditions/
If you have any queries about this project feel free to connect with the Campus Ambassadors.
Ibrahim Khalil | Mobile: 01765323081 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shumaya Sultana | Mobile: 01304682542 | E mail:
LAST DATE FOR REGISTRATION: 23rd March 2019, 11:59 pm.
Rules regarding pitching:
1. Each team will get 3 minutes maximum to pitch their idea (2 minutes for pitching and 1 minute for evaluation).
2. Slides are not mandatory.
3. Formal attire is not mandatory but students should be in decent getup. In iDEA project IDEAS of the participants are given more priority than fancy slides.